Saturday, August 15, 2009

Woops, haven't written in awhile

Well, Happy Saturday all!

Today is a special day because it is the first day that Liz and I are not in the same place at the same time. Weird, right? I should recap and explain how this happened.

Monday after my night class I met a sweet girl from Massachussettes named Daniella. She's a total doll and she has actually been here since her freshman year in college. She is Jewish, and lived in Israel for awhile, and her first language is Hebrew (CRAZY right? the girl is so language savvy, I'm a little jealous, yeah). Anyway, she and I talk for awhile and she tries to buy a new computer online while we're talking but it doesn't work out. Fast forward to Thursday. Thursday Liz and I went over to La Casa Verde, which is a green house (no kidding!) right across from our campus where they hold bible studies and other fun Christian meetings. I had been told about it by two different professors from Eastern and multiple students who had studied here before, so Liz and I knew we needed to go. So we went there and hung out with people and met some nice people and whatever, and then came back to our rooms. I texted Daniella later that night to see if she had gotten her computer and she said yes, it worked out and by the way did I want to hang out with her this weekend - she was going to celebrate her 23rd birthday. Of course, I said yes that'd be awesome, because I need friends (lol) as we all know. So then Friday I did hardly anything at all because I have NO classes on Fridays (which is sweet because my weekend starts on Thursday at 12:15, you know that's awesome). But at around 1:30-2pm my suitemate and I cooked a big lunch for everyone in the suite. It was carne (beef) which had been marinated 2 days (mmm) really thinly sliced and then seared. Sauteed portabellos with onions, pasta and cream/cheese sauce (cheese, milk, sour cream, garlic, pepper, salt). I was in charge of pasta and sauce and Andrea was in charge of beef and mushrooms (I helped too though). It was awesome. Everyone loved it, so we totally felt like chefs and good ones at that. So that was a great time.
After we ate our suitemates decided to see a movie that looked really awful, so we decided to hang back. We kept in mind that one of the guys at church on Sunday had told us that the young adults group meets on Friday nights (8pm) so we sent him a text asking if he could take us to the church. He said he would so we (after a little difficulty) met up with him and went to the service. It was fun and nice to meet some more people. Also, they invited us to go on a retreat with them, but like I said, I had told Daniella I would celebrate her b-day with her tomorrow (Sunday) after church, and also I had homework to do (about 60pages of reading or so) so I said I couldn't go. Well Liz got all bummed out and I was like, dude, Liz, just go without me. And she looked at me all bug-eyed and I was like, what? This is the new you, go without me. So she decided she would. Pretty cool right?
Then we were invited to eat "supper" with some people (3 of whom had just gotten back Sunday from working at a camp in Iowa all summer, so they had really good english and were funny). So we did that, but first we drve around for like an hour to drop this girl off who didn't feel well and then were pretty confused on how to get the heck out of her little town haha. In anycase we ate food and Liz and I paid less than 4 dollars to split 2 tacos with beef and cheese and we each got a mango juice drink in a bottle. Isn't that nuts? the food was great too. Such a good find. So the brothers that were in Iowa (there was also a girl who had went but she was at the other end of the table so we didn't get to talk to her too much) were really nice and cool. So yeah, they brought us back to campus and then we went to bed. When I woke up, Liz was gone so she's at the retreat and I'm here, avoiding my homework and chores. lol. I guess I should get on that now, but thanks for listening to my rant!

Love,
Nora

No comments: