Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hermanos!

Yesterday Liz and I went to the orphanage with the youth group from our church. They were way more fun than the young adults group, so I might just go to the youth group instead of to the young adults group from now on, haha. I got to meet the oldest Basiles' son, Matt who turned 18 today (I gave him a card, because they drove us to church on his birthday and everything so I wanted to make sure he knew that I recognized his big day and stuff). I met him yesterday and he's totally cool. I love hanging out with that family because they are 4 boys (cough) Devlins (cough) but just go back a few years I guess haha, and they are 9 years a part (3-3-3 haha) instead of 8. They're really wonderful though, and on the way to church this morning I was just like smiling uncontrollably because it feels so good to have brothers again haha. I realize how much I really like to have brothers around. I want people who aren't afraid to tease me and with whom I can be competitive without hurting anyone's feelings. They are just so lovely. And I was baking cupcakes with Liz before going to the orphanage and while we were waiting for the cupcakes to bake I would go in and do cup-stacking with the boys and I beat Matt (which I'm totally psyched about) and I am going to keep practicing whenever I go over there, so that I can beat Steven and Caleb haha. I don't remember what my best time was, but I am pretty sure it was in the teens and so far I've only gotten to like, 20:?? So I will get better. Haha. I would like to go back to the orphanage more I think, and just play with kids and talk with them. Also, I am going to join the worship team for church and sing with them on Sundays. They are SOOO good, they're like a little choir, but the membership is not that large, so they're all really good. I can't wait, I'm really excited...I will probably be the worst one up there lol.

Also, after church today on the way home and stuff I was talking to the boys and we were just listing all kinds of games we like to play and they like named all of the games I love (they even have dutch blitz and settlers!!!!!) and I just died pretty much so I am going to play with them as much as humanly possible and I will force them to talk to me in Spanish without ceasing, haha. I can't wait. I think tomorrow I might go over between my two classes (12:15-5pm) and hang out with them. If I need to pack myself a lunch ahead of time I will haha, I just want to play games hehe :D

I guess since I'm going to spend like 4 hours there tomorrow I should get in some serious homework right now.
I love you all and thanks for your support <3
Blessings,
Nora

No comments: