Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Moi, nuevo amigo

So I really shouldn't be writing a blog entry right now seeing as it's 10:33 pm and I have class at 10 tomorrow and haven't read the 200 pages that I intended to read before then...but on the other hand I did look up the literary analysis of said book (which is actually 460 some odd pages but I was only going to read the first part). I made it through the first 2 chapters though, which I'm proud off because hey, it was written in 1816, so cut me some slack, the Spanish might as well be written on the Rosetta Stone. So real quick, let me recap:
I was sick on Monday, threw up and stuff, felt awful, went to the Dr and she said to take the meds I brought with me for traveler's problems and then I'd get better. I am doing that. I'm getting better, yay competency!
I have obscene amounts of homework in almost every one of my classes. I have 3 big things to do right now, and I'm only in 4 classes. I have something big due tomorrow, plus the reading I was talking about, in addition to something HUGE on monday that I haven't started yet and then another big thing on Thursday (plus crazy reading for Tuesday and another 4 chapters for Monday)....basically - I have a lot of homework.
Tomorrow I'll go to the casa verde for lunch and see my partner Beto and talk to him in Spanish and he'll talk to me in English and we'll practice together, and maybe play games. We'll probably also get together Friday, and maybe I'll go swimming with Moi on Friday at 10:30 because that's when he goes and he said maybe he'd take me to get goggles (I'll ask him about it tomorrow because I'd love that). So yeah, then Saturday I have my first choir practice with the little choir from church - they're so good!!!!! I'm so intimidated but still excited about it. It should be really fun. Then Saturday night they're going to have a youth group concert for the church's youth group so we're going to that and then Sunday morning is the 1 year anniversary of our church so they're having a big fun service, yay!! Then Monday is back to classes and dying of overwork. Lol. Now that I say that I'll tell you what I did today...
I spent like 3+ hours just reading that book I was talking about, El periquillo sarniento and I only read 8 pages. I am not kidding. I started on page 15 and ended up on page 23. HOW PATHETIC IS THAT! It's small font, big pages, 2 columns and Spanish from caveman times. It isn't a bad book, I totally understand it, it just takes a REALLY LONG TIME to read. Every page is like reading 2 pages because of the columns, but even still 16 pages in 3 hours is AWFUL! Ugh. That's discouraging.
I also spent 2 hours doing my CAL report for my translation class, I had to translate (sight translation) an article on job hunting which wasn't so bad because it was Spanish to English but the report took FOREVER because I had to make a glossary of terms I didn't know, oh it was terrible. So yeah, I spent 5 hours doing homework and that's all I have to show for it.
At 6:30 I went to Bible study and we talked about repentance and it was a really good study and they did a really good job. Adriana is really sweet and I am glad she taught this week. It was good. I also got to teach George and the other kid (I can't remember his name at the moment) how to play set and the other kid got it really fast. It was cool. I also taught Beto last week and he was like some day I'll beat you and I was like, keep dreaming haha.
After Bible study I really didn't want to come back to the suite because the girls are so loud at night and they just sit in the living room watching TV giggling and yelling and I just get so sick of that so I asked Moi if he wanted to go to the Casa Verde and do something. Well, he said he wanted to get sushi and Liz and I decided we'd go, even though we don't like Sushi. So we went and he got Liz some with beef (who knew?) and I tried it and it wasn't awful. Then he got this rice stuff with cream cheese in it, and that was soooooooo good, it wasn't sushi, it was just like, rice with cream cheese (weird, I know but fabulous). Anyway, so I tried his sushi stuff, and it wasn't bad but not worth turning to the darkside, for sure. Then we dropped Liz off to talk to Josh (ooo la la) and I hung out with Moi for another hour and a half talking about stuff, and it was really cool because he's totally open. He is a Christian and has been for a long time and he TOTALLY loves Jesus. It's really cool. I told him about me and Pat (he asked) and he was like, wow I'm really proud of you guys that's so awesome you have the most amazing testimony and stuff, and it really felt so encouraging. Moi and I had only really shared peeing stories before that (I got to tell him all about my brothers) and he thinks I'm hilarious (yay!) so it was really cool that we got to know each other a lot deeper :D It was really really cool. Anyway, so he's definitely one of my new BFFs and I'm excited to get to see him again tomorrow. He told me a lot of his awesome testimonies and just how God has really cared for him since he started at the UDLA and stuff. It's just been really cool.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT I have to do this homework and stuff and it's almost 11. I'm down to 11 hours before class, so I'm going to get off my lazy bum and start working. I love you all and thanks so much for your support. Prayers for health, schoolwork, friends, and opportunities to bring love and justice to those who are hurting are my main needs right now. Thanks so much for everything!!!

Nora

No comments: