Monday, September 21, 2009

PozoViaje etc.

I had a wonderful time on the Casa Verde retreat this weekend. We went up into the mountains (Malinche is the name of the mountain we were on) and we stayed at a retreat center/hotel kind of place in Cabins and it was really fun. I stayed up until 3 both nights and it was a crazy little amount of sleep I was living on but I had a wonderful time. I ate so much food, this trend is stopping now though, seriously. I am adamant about fitting into a wedding dress (i.e. they won't make them big enough if I keep eating like I am - but purple is really slimming, right Pat?). Anyway, I got to get to know a bunch of people and we had a really great time. I totally loved it. I noticed though that I really depend on English a lot mroe than I want to, so I'm going to try not to say a single word in English for the rest of the week (I know that sounds absurd, but if you call me on skype, sorry, I'm speaking Spanish). Good luck. I am really really going to try to go for a whole week without speaking a word of English. We'll see if I can (I hope so). Also, I think I'm just going to try and be more self-controlled from now on, I've been really bad with what I eat, and how much I really exercise and stuff like that, so I'm going to really try and work on those things. Speaking of exercise - we had a scavenger hunt kind of thing on the retreat on Saturday and we had to go up and down the retreat center (which is in the side of the mountain) and so now my legs hurt SO BAD like, we didn't even do all that much but my thighs hurt so bad I couldn't stand up long enough to take a shower last night. I was so gross but I couldn't stand so I just went to bed.
Also, since the altitude changed from like 2,000 kilometers to like 3,500 kilometers it was totally hard to breathe and stuff, and now my sinuses are freaking out for going BACK to 2,000. Crazy right? I know. Anyway, so I don't really feel that good and I have a big chunk of homework to do because tonight I get my take home midterm and have to start that asap. (Tomorrow after classes I think). It's a little crazy here, but I'm having fun and I got a ton of sleep last night (like 14 hours, seriously) so hopefully I will be good to do work today and then will be able to chill out before my classes and doing my mindterm tomorrow.

Love to all, xoxo
Nora

1 comment:

ifindjoy said...

So I really wanted to play in the Bloomsburg Ultimate tournament, right? And I got really motivated, and decided to run 7 miles cold, right? And I succeeded, surprisingly, but I can sympathize with your soreness.

Love ya!
Becca