Monday, September 28, 2009

Keila, and nothing else in Spanish starts with K....jaja

Okay so I don't even remember the last time I wrote but I bet it was awhile ago. I looked it up, a week. Wow. Okay so I went to Band Practice a couple times last week, which was awesome, and I even stayed over at Keila and Joha's house on Monday night to translate the song "east from the west" by casting crowns - btw, we did an awesome job and I'm SO proud of it! I love this whole translating songs business, it's really really fun and I feel SO proud of the work when we're done. I think I'm pretty good at it, even INTO Spanish, yay! Anyway so then on Thursday I got to go see my friend Moi's house, he has this cute little condo and it's number 8 (which is my favorite number) and I spent like 2 hours doing a tavern puzzle that he had and had forgotten how to do...lol. I did it 4 times in the end, just to prove that I remembered how haha. Friday I barely got any work done and then Friday night I played with the Basile boys (their parents had been out of town so there was another family staying at their house) and then I stayed the night there. Saturday I went to practice and was at church all day (as usual) and ate at Keila's house. Keila was at home all day doing her homework - she spent 15 hours on her homework for COMPUTER class. Isn't that insane? She had to make a like 20 page book thing on Word that included all these parts and stuff and it had to describe her life and everything, it was ridiculous. Anyway, she did it and it looked really good at the end. She'll definitely get an A+ (she's also smart and probably didn't have to work as hard as she did, but I'm glad she did). Then we had Saturday night youth group, which was fun. Afterwards I went home with the Basile boys and we celebrated Caleb's 16th birthday (Sunday) and ate brownies and ice cream (yum) and that was good. Then we watched get smart and then I went back to my room. Then Sunday we went to church, and as I was leaving Keila was like...*sadface* you're leaving? ...so I told her to tell me if she was going to do anything fun, but I had homework (which I didn't do until today). So she texted me like at 2:30 saying to come eat pizza with her and some young adults (like the young professionals group or whatever) and so Liz and I went and that was fun. Then we dropped Liz off and I brought my laptop and went to Keila's house again (I practically live there now haha), and I shared a bunch of my music with her which was really fun and we just talked for awhile. She thought some of PDQ Bach was HILARIOUS and we just couldn't stop giggling hahaha. It was great. Then we talked some more and I ate the best donut (not homemade) of my life which I don't even know what it was but it was AWESOME. Then we were going to write a song, but we came up with (at least) a really cool chord progression (which I don't remember at the moment but I think it's AE x3 F#m C something?) I can't quite remember. Either way we're going to write some music together. Yay!
Keila also said to me (she's only 16 by the way) that she was really glad we were friends because she's been really wishing she had a friend who she didn't feel like she always had to remind not to be a stupid girl (if you know what I mean). I was really glad she said that, it just made me feel like I was really pouring into someone here, even if I have been feeling a little less than useful.
Also, she let me rip her demo CD and I am addicted to it. She is such an amazing singer, and she's eclectic with her styles. She's just the most incredible 16 year old in the whole world.
Anyways so I stayed at their house last night I woke up with them at 6:15 or whenever it was, drank some juice and then went back to sleep for an hour and a half (that was great) I tried reading but I was falling asleep so then at like 9 Juan Manuel took me back to UDLA and I took my meds, ate some pasta for breakfast (I know, weird) and have been doing homework and stuff mostly all day. I should be studying for my little test tomorrow in literature class, but I don't really know how to study except read my notes over and read the poetry again. We'll see. I will talk to Mollly tonight (she's in that class too) and see if she studied.
Also today, Keila sent me a text after school and invited me to go with her and her family after church next Sunday to eat lunch with her Uncle at his ranch, which sounds really fun so I told her I'd love to. I'm going to have to get a lot done before then though, because I have a bunch of stuff to do by Monday (maybe Tuesday too, I'll find out tomorrow).
I'll try and put up a recording of Keila that I think is really good, she's so awesome guys, really. Anyway, I should get going. I have class in 20 minutes and should probably try and to at least do a couple more things on my to do list before I go.

Love you guys, thank you so much for always keeping me in your hearts and prayers. I really appreciate it!

God Bless,
Nora

No comments: