Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bad Day...*sigh*

So I had an overall pretty tough day. It will just try to divvy it up and try not to take too long explaining it.
Woke up an hour later than I intended, well, actually I got up when I wanted but then it was still dark outside and Liz was still asleep so I went back to bed. In any case, I had intended to go walking with Liz in the morning. Anyway we got up and went out to Tavo's around 9:05 but Tavo's (where they copy books for students - I know it's so bad, but there's not a choice) was closed so we went to the missionaries' house and Liz and I talked to the dad for awhile and then at like 10 we went over to Tavo's and they were open so I got my copies and then we walked back to our dorm and by the time we got there it was 10:30 and I needed to leave at like 11:15 to get to church at 12 (I was taking buses).

Also, while we were at the missionaries' the dad gave me a map and told me how to get to the church (but it was a confusing map) and I got off my bus to catch the next bus but uh, it didn't really work out because I made the wrong right at the 5 way intersection (I didn't even know it was a 5 way intersection - but there are TONS of them in Puebla) and so I walked and walked and walked for about 40 minutes and then I finally called Keila and told her where I was and her parents' car had broken down that day so her dad walked over to get me and he walked me to where I needed to go straight and said ok go straight until you get to the church, so I walked that. Apparently I made a huge circle, and in fact I think I walked about 5k today (I walked for a full hour at least, and I can do a 5k in around 45minutes), and you know since I was in sketchy-ish parts of the city I was walking fast. Yeah, that was insane, but wait it gets better.
So I get to practice and Keila (she's the girl who has the amazing voice and one of my best friends here) and I just kind of sit for awhile and she sings me this song about love and it's SO beautiful and perfect and she is like I want to sing it at a wedding and I'm like, please, sing it at my wedding, like guys, I have never seen lyrics so perfectly written - and SHE wrote it. Man, I was almost in tears, like it took all I have to think about not making my mascara run all over my face. So then during practice Keila's mom kept making me feel really nervous because she kept repeating different parts of the song like I was singing them wrong, but I had the right notes...so I was so nervous about it, like I knew I was doing it right but there was something else I was doing wrong and she wasn't telling me. Finally Keila said I was scooping and I just have to figure I have been out of choir for too long because usually I'm really good at blending, I don't know. Anyway so I wasn't feeling that good. Then one of the guys in the band for the youth group told me I had an accent when I speak Spanish so I just felt really bad and then I was feeling really insecure about it so I said something about my ability in Spanish when Keila was looking at her homework and I think I kind of offended her and I was just trying to compensate for my incompentence...Anyway, so that was not cool, so then we decided to go back to Keila's house and Keila's brother called us (me and Keila) fat, I don't know if he was joking but I felt awful to begin with so I just kind of sulked.
Then yeah, not too much bad happened at Keila's house, I read my Bible and stuff and we watched Enchanted - which is actually way better in Spanish, surprisingly haha. But seriously, it is. Then we ate dominoes (which was good, and we ate a lot - I was so hungry). Then Keila and I went back to the church (her dad got the car back so he drove us - thank God). Then we had band practice and I was doing alright, I only messed up a couple times and I at one point even had a part where Keila told me to finish the song with a harmony I had made up (I was really proud of that). But then we started the youth group meeting and we were doing our 2 songs at the beginning and oh man, half way through the second song Keila tells me my microphone was off - talk about embarrassing, so then I turned it on and you could hear me and I was SO loud and Keila could not stop laughing, she was playing the guitar and singing so she just stopped singing to laugh at me and so I ended up being the only one singing but I was also laughing (because if I didn't laugh I would have cried). Yeah, talk about embarrassing. The rest is pretty much history. I just need a good cry I think and then I'll probably be okay.

*Sigh*
It was a day, for sure.
Then Sandy (missionary mom) gave me a lift and I asked her to take me to their house instead of dropping me back at my dorm because I didn't want to go back yet so then I hung out with Matt and Caleb and their friend Daniel for a little bit until they were going to watch a movie and Daniel was all worried about me walking back by myself and I was like, dude, I'll be in the school, no one is drunk yet, and hello, I walked for an hour by myself in Puebla today, I'll be fine haha. But they walked me out to the gate which was sweet and then they were really nice to me for having such an awful day. I really appreciated their support, they are sweet boys.

In any case, tomorrow I have to go to church at 10:30 so I'm going to leave at 9:30 and I am going to take the right bus tomorrow and if I screw it up I'll just find a cab and have them take me to the church. It's the 25 bus that will take me right to the church I think (heh) so if I see that I'll just make sure they drop me off. I know what intersection I want so I should be okay.

Also - This is a stupid thing to say but yeah - when I came home Liz had bought peanut butter with added honey - which not only has all the sugar of normal peanut butter, but added honey which flavors it and I find it disgusting...so that was really disappointing...I don't know, beggars can't be choosers I suppose...Whatevs, I gave her the money for it, it's just I'm picky I guess..I don't know, I'll ask Moi to take me sometime.
Oh yeah, and Matt said he'd swim with me, yay! I will get him to swim with me, maybe on Monday, who knows. :D

Good night all.
Love you,
Nora

No comments: