Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October, Crazy!

Hi everyone!
Sorry it's been more than a week. I'm kind of a slacker.
It's been a crazy week though. I had a lot of stuff going on and I thought that it would calm down by Monday but that didn't happen because my professor who was supposed to give us an exam on Monday, totally (TOTALLY) forgot and didn't even know what day it was so we're taking the exam in 25 minutes. I studied with Liz in addition to making a huge outline and study guide of the book, so I should be ready, I'll just look over the notebook before I go to the exam.
I have decided to rein in my self control because I think I've lost it. All last year I didn't eat sugar more than once a month on average - really. Now I eat chocolate a LOT, and that's so bad, so I decided I am not going to eat any more chocolate, not for awhile at least. I want to at least go 2 weeks without touching any and then I'll decide if I feel well enough to eat some. I have had such hard times getting up in the morning though, so I think it will be better to just, not eat chocolate and hope that makes it easier. I also decided to avoid sugar and caffeine, unless absolutely necessary and to not eat after 10pm (that's really hard here though because people don't eat the last meal of the day until really late, but usually the last meal is a lot smaller - or at least it should be).
In any case, that's what's going on. I have been doing lots of homework, yesterday I had a stye developing in my eye, and it hurt really bad so I couldn't get much done at all, Liz and I studied but that's pretty much all I accomplished in like 7 hours, other than play bejeweled with one eye open and talk to my mom on skype. Haha. Pathetic, what a waste of life. I held a hot compress on my eye though and that seemed to help a lot. So that's good. It hasn't hurt me yet today though and I got up almost 3 hours ago! YAY for that!
On Sunday I went to Keila's family's ranch (her dad's siblings are all doctors and politicians so they have this huge beautiful ranch and her cousin is getting married there in Novemeber) and it was awesome. I met her family and her cousins and was invited to the wedding in Novemeber and told that I had to go, which I would never argue with, lol. Keila is like my best friend here, and even though she's 16 and a junior in high school, she's like, really stinking awesome. I love hanging out with her and her brother, although it really really makes me miss Nolan a lot.
I might go to Keila's tonight and go into school with them tomorrow morning because she's going to sing in a ceremony thing that's like traditional Mexican stuff and she wants me to see it (really bad) so I might do that, the only thing is I have class tomorrow at 10am and have to make sure I get all my stuff done before then and will be able to make it to class on time. The other option is to skip that class and just go to the one at 11, which is translation, and I can't miss it because we're going to have our exam on Tuesday and so we'll need all the practice we can get - plus I have homework due tomorrow. We'll see what I decide. Either way, I love Keila <3
Also, today Josh (Liz's boyfriend) arrives and will be here for a week. I'm not thrilled but I'm not upset either. Liz's birthday is on Sunday and so he's coming to celebrate with her. It should be an exciting thing for her so I'm happy. I think I'm going to a concert with Keila on Sunday (even though it's Liz's birthday) because Liz will be with Josh, and I think we're going to have a big party for her like Friday or Saturday.
We'll see what happens, plans here just don't get made so we'll see some other time. I think we'll have a party somehow, not sure how, but it will be fun. I can't disclose what I might give her for her b-day because it's possible that Kathy Myers reads this and if so she would tell Liz, so I'll just keep my hands (mouth) shut on this one jaja.
Anyway I should get going, I have my exam in 10 minutes.
I love you all, thanks for your help and prayers!
Nora

No comments: