Monday, October 26, 2009

Loss in the Family

I was going to tell you all about my wonderful relaxing and fun weekend at the Oliva's (Keila's house) but today I got news that my first-cousin-once-removed (aka my dad's cousin) died today, suddenly. She was only 47 years old and left behind 3 kids and a widower. My family is all in shock and saddened by the news and I've been having a hard night dealing with being away from all of them. This is the 4th death in the past 5 years in the Barth family, and it's a tough blow for all of us, especially my dad's generation. She was so young. Tomorrow will be hectic and crazy, and since we don't know why she died it could be a very long time before we get the results of the autopsy and everything.
I have class in 11 hours and still want to try to chill out before going to sleep, so I should get off of my blog, but I just wanted to put this up and ask for prayers to be sent out for the Barth family and for the Van De Voorde's in particular, who have suffered a great and unexpected loss. Thank you for your love and support, again. I will try to write soon with happier news about Mexico.
Love,
Nora

No comments: