Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 4 now!

Hey all,
I am having a wonderful time here in the D.R. I love it. I have made many friends, pretty much all girls, and they are so sweet. I am in love with this culture and language and i cant even describe how awesome it is to worship the same God as all these wonderful people here. (please forgive my poor grammatical structure right now I am not used to this keyboard (in a different language) and it is hard to do right especially since I am thinking in a different language too sometimes).
Today is the beginning of our VBS (ebdv = escuela biblica de verano), but I will not get there until after I have finished with writing to all of you. I need to go quickly though because it costs money to use the internet. (though not a lot at all)
In any case, my schedule looks like I will having meetings with the teens and youth pretty much 4 times a week, and probably church meetings with other people in between. I am so excited. Also, two more gringas came last night, from plan international (or something like that) and they are also Christian, so that is very exciting. More gringas. Also, there is a gringa here (btw gringa means white girl) who is from the peace corps (i think) and I met her, she is not a Christian, but she is here for two years to live in the community. The community I am in is called Juan de Herrera, it is a little west of San Juan de la Maguana - google earth it and tell me if you can see anything. Well I need to get going. I love you so much everyone. Thank you for your love, prayers, thoughts and support.
Dios les bendiga mucho, y mas,
Nora

No comments: